Mohawk Media, the folks who brought you the Mr. T graphic novel, is actively looking for comic artists to work on several upcoming comic projects. Many an artist has lamented the difficulty in getting work in the industry, so this is a ripe opportunity for newcomers to get into the business. As Mohawk Editor-in-Chief Christopher Bunting put it:
"As a freelance writer, one in the early stages of his career, I know just how tough it is to break into comic books. I’ve often heard aspiring artists say there are no openings. I’m therefore proud to be part of this Mohawk Media initiative to give artists the opportunity to become published, and be involved in some of the coolest titles of 2010!"
Before you apply, there are a few requirements:
- A brief email about the artist and experience
- 5 sequential art pages minimum
- Story pages only. (No pinus, paintings or portraits)
- Strongest (and preferably) most recent work
- Include a variety of genres when possible
- Samples must be in jpg or pdf only. No links
Bunting when on to say that he is looking for those who possess the skills necessary to demonstrate comics as a storytelling medium. For more information contact Bunting at: email@example.com.