Some super comics titles are coming to libraries with a reinforced library binding or paper-over-board editions. Thanks to a licensing agreement between Capstone Press (an educational publisher) and DC Comics, the DC Comics comic book list is coming to libraries in a format that will withstand the student readership.
Capstone will launch the books this fall, releasing 24 titles. 24 titles! Every single one of the titles comes from DC's all ages line, which means they are appropriate for the elementary classroom. Following are the comics on deck for first release:
- TINY TITANS –– Join the world’s greatest super heroes as little kids! Tiny Titans is illustrated by the Eisner award-winning Art Baltazar, the same illustrator as our best-selling DC Super-Pets chapter books.
- DC SUPERFRIENDS –– Super Friends is a great series for younger readers to meet the heroes of the DC Universe—Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash and Aquaman are all here to save the day!
- BATMAN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD –– Based on the popular animated series, BRAVE AND THE BOLD follows Batman as he chases down the most powerful villains in the DC Universe.
- SUPERMAN ADVENTURES –– Based on the popular animated series, SUPERMAN ADVENTURES is a great series to introduce The Man of Steel to younger readers.
- BATMAN ADVENTURES –– Also based on the hit animated series, BATMAN ADVENTURES has more stories from the world’s favorite crime fighter!
- YOUNG JUSTICE –– Offer more complex stories to older readers with YOUNG JUSTICE. Sophisticated action and art follow four young superheroes learning how to work as a team.
Capstone is already planning new books for next fall. This will include more original BATMAN and SUPERMAN stories including two new chapter book series: DARK KNIGHT and MAN OF STEEL.