By Chris Wilson
A few weeks ago the Regional Consortium for Education and Technology –– Southwest (RCET-SW) contacted me about presenting my lesson plan on comics, math and technology. This is an exciting opportunity to promote comics to a larger audience and to show grade level teachers how to use comics to support the state and national standards.
The workshop focuses on a single lesson plan to teach elementary state math standards using a comic book and technology. Students will explore their own strategies for approaching math concepts, enhance Communication Arts and ISTE standards by reading the comic electronically, engage in cooperative learning and use technology to demonstrate their learning. Students will be assessed in groups and individually.
MERGING ELEMENTARY MATH, TECHNOLOGY AND COMICS
Tuesday, Nov. 16
District Technology Center – 301 S. Main, Nixa
The comic (MANGA MATH MYSTERS: THE SECRET GHOST)
HOW TO REGISTER
- All registration is online at www.rcet.net.
- Click on the Workshop tab at the top of the RCET homepage.
- Click on the appropriate month’s workshop registration form.
- Scroll down to “Click to Register” on my workshop.
- Enter your registration information.
- Include a phone number where you can be reached.
- You will be notified if a session has been cancelled or is filled up.
- If your school is not listed, choose Other and enter your district where indicated.